Hi there, and welcome to the very first edition of my Monthly Quick Recipes!
Everyone’s always looking for easy, quick and healthy recipes to make at home nowadays. That doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice taste, neglect our health and, most importantly, consume and/or exploit other creatures. Easy, quick, healthy and vegan IS actually possible.
I’ve been pretty busy myself these past months so I’m going to share my favourite go-to quick recipes with you every month from now on, so we can all enjoy good and cruelty-free food while also being productive!
Rainbow coloured meals are the way to go. For a happy tummy and a happy you. Today’s all about rainbow raw spring rolls filled with crunchy and delicious vegetables, to dip in a side of curried green pea hummus.
There’s not much left to say anymore, head straight to the recipe and enjoy! ♥
↠ yields 1 big or 2 smaller portions
- 5 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- big handful of mixed green leaves
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup cannellini beans
- ¼ green peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp himalayan pink salt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- strawberries and passion fruit to decorate (optional)
- Cut the carrot, cucumber and yellow bell pepper into thin strips.
- Fill a large bowl with lukewarm water. One at a time, carefully dip the rice paper wrappers in the bowl, and once they’re softened, lay them on a clean wet cloth.
- Arrange a handful of vegetable strips and a few green leaves on the bottom of a rice paper wrapper, leaving a few cm uncovered on both sides.
- Fold the uncovered sides inward and then roll the rice paper very tightly. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
- For the hummus, just mix the beans (chickpeas, cannellini beans and green peas) with the rest of the ingredients (curry powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, tahini and extra virgin olive oil) in a food processor until thoroughly blended and creamy. Gradually mix in about ½ cup of water while blending for optimal consistency.